Monday, August 16, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 79

Shared Blessings:
Karen Lange from Write Now shared that she is thankful for electricity. She is especially thankful for her electricity coming back after a storm and a power outage.
Thanks for sharing, Karen! I agree. Electricity is amazing! I am especially thankful for light, heat, cool air on hot days, and refrigerators that keep our food edible for lengthy periods of time.

365 Days of Blessings, Day 79

1. God is present in all circumstances.

2. Waking up to see two deer outside my kitchen window, looking in at me. They decided that I wasn't interesting so they ambled on, ate a few ripe blackberries off the vine, and then had breakfast under our apple tree.

3. The size of deer ears. They are huge compared to the size of a deer's head, and then they swivel and turn at every little sound.

4. Being able to watch two "wild" creatures in my yard, although I'm glad the bear that was hanging around hasn't left any more "leavings" for us. We're hoping we don't see him . . . ever.

5. My husband's vanpool.

6. Yesterday's VBS Sunday worship.

7. My daughters going to a playdate at a "new" friend's house. New as in they've never been to her house. They've known her for a year.

8. Getting to talk allergy free food diet with someone who is genuinely interested, not horrified, and who is actually trying to figure out her daughter's excema and digestive issues via daily diet. I don't wish this kind of lifestyle on anyone, but it's good to know that we're not alone.

9. Impromptu water fights.

10. Dinner and swim time with family, and hoping that we will be doing more of it next Friday.

Scripture for the Day:
"They devoted themselves to the apostle's teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." Acts 2:42

2 comments:

Angie said...

Deer=cool. Bear=scary! We have lots of deer around our house too. I love seeing them, but we've had to fence them out to protect our garden.

Karen Lange said...

Much to be thankful for, even to be thankful for the bear moving on:) Glad you like electricity too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and my link.
Blessings,
Karen