Thursday, December 9, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 193

Giving Thanks and Praise for:

1. Seeing the Christmas program slowly coming together as shepherds, angels, sheep, news reporters (wise men in search of a story), and innkeepers prepare to tell the best story ever told, about the best gift ever given.

2. E-mails and phone conversations with dear friends.

3. Getting a batch of laundry done before breakfast.

and Poetry

4. Halfway Down
by A.A. Milne

Halfway down the stairs
Is a stair
Where I sit.
There isn't any
Other stair
Quite like
It.
I'm not at the bottom,
I'm not at the top;
So this is the stair
Where
I always
Stop.
Halfway up the stairs
Isn't up,
And isn't down.
It isn't in the nursery,
It isn't in the town.
And all sorts of funny thoughts
Run round my head:
It isn't really
Anywhere!
It's something else
Instead!

5. This is My Rock
by David McCord

This is my rock
And here I run
To steal the secret of the sun;

This is my rock
And here come I
Before the night has swept the sky;

This is my rock,
This is the place
I meet the evening face to face.

6. I'd Leave
by Andrew Lang

I'd leave in a hurry,
the noise and the fray
For a house full of books
and a garden of flowers.

7. A Book
by Emily Dickeneson

There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away,
Nor any courses like a page
Of prancing poetry.
This traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of toll;
How frugal is the chariot
That bears the human soul!

8. part of Somewhere
by Walter de la Mare

Could you tell me the way to Somewhere -
Somewhere, Somewhere,
I have heard of a place called Somewhere -
But know not where it can be.
It makes no difference,
Whether or not
I go in dreams
Or trudge on foot:
Would you tell me the way to Somewhere,
The Somewhere meant for me.


9. Who's on First - a classic comedy skit.

10. The Lord gives us hope.

Scripture Blessings:

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

3 comments:

Angie said...

Great poems! I've always loved Halfway Down. I hope your Christmas program turns out wonderfully.

Golden Eagle said...

Those are nice poems. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks! We are reading through a couple of different poetry books for our lessons and I am enjoying them a great deal.

So far, the Christmas program looks like it will be wonderful tomorrow morning.