Friday, March 11, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Day 285

Today I'm giving thanks and praise for these blessings:

Writing Blessings:
1. I am a writing ninja! Actually, I'm a revising writing ninja, or a NiNoReMo participant, which is really cool. See my sidebar, or follow this link here Ali Cross, Dojo

2. I'm looking forward to participating in Write On Con, an online conference. Again, see the sidebar, or follow this link Write On Con

3. I'm recommitting myself as a writer today. Sure, I've been writing, but I feel like I've been going through the motions. Commitment means dedication.

4. I wrote a really rough beginning of a new project: Diary of a Moth. I plan on putting it on the back burner while I get back to revising The Crystal Sword, but I like writing something totally different now and then. It gives me a new perspective and passion for the revision of my "old" story.

5. And then, there is this story, "The Feathered Prince"/"The Swan Prince"/"The Sky Prince" that is in the back of my head off and on . . . not very together, but still there. I may just give myself permission to write on that a bit today.

6. Yesterday I received a request for a revision of my "Octoupus Rising" poem,and today, after 15 revisions of a five line poem, I think I might be ready to re-submit it. Maybe.

Book Blessings: (This is part of that 100 Book list that I'm slowly continuing)

7. Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George is an amazing, and wonderful fantasy adventure that turns our expectations of heroines upside down. I love this book.

8. Starlight Animal Rescue: Runaway by Dandi Daley Mackall is a book that my youngest daughter picked up at the age of seven, when she couldn't seem to find anything at her reading level. Well, within the first few pages, I wasn't sure she was old enough for the book, so we read it together. We both loved this book, and feel that it is not only the best of the series, but the best book we've read by Dandi Daley Mackall. There is some heavy hitting subject matter, but yet, it is handled in really well, in a background of newly awakened faith.

9. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley is not a huge favorite of mine, but yet I feel that it is a must read, the beginning of many themes that are seen in science fiction, fantasy and mainstream books today. Can man create a better version of mankind? Is it the way we are put together or the way that we are treated that determines our actions? Read the book, and see what you think.

Blessings from general life:

10. I had time this morning to think, read, write, and pray.

Scripture Blessings:

"Listen to my words, LORD,
consider my lament.
Hear my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.

In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.
For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
with you, evil people are not welcome.
The arrogant cannot stand
in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
you, LORD, detest.
But I, by your great love,
can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
toward your holy temple.

Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies—
make your way straight before me.
Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
their heart is filled with malice.
Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongues they tell lies.
Declare them guilty, O God!
Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
for they have rebelled against you.
But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield."
Psalm 5

2 comments:

Karen Lange said...

I don't know what it is about visiting your blog, I'm always encouraged to have a more thankful heart! :)
Blessings,
Karen

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks Karen!